Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday morning randomness


IMG_1394, originally uploaded by torri_g.

The girls helped me with yet another Sunday night camera test. They may not like me pointing the camera at them, but they sure don't seem to mind if I point it at glass filled with water or sparkling cider that they get to then drop other things into. Last night though my little artist Sweetpea got right into Mom's choice of camera and light testing, but colors and anything dealing with the blending of colors is so right up her alley really. Food dye being dropped into water makes some very cool looking effects. We learned last night that the warmer the water, the quicker the dye would drop and spread. The cooler the water the longer it would take, and the dye would do more of a almost hover. As you add new drops of dye the colors will only blend in the bottom of the glass. The streaks of color in the top of the glass will swirl as if to avoid blending.

Alright so maybe no one really is all that interested in reading about this, but I now have till next Sunday to come up with the next one because the girls really liked this little test. Besides it is better than talking about the fact that I'm now dreaming about things that I need to organize, get rid of, or clean in this house. I'm thinking it is going to be another week that my family should beware of returning home in the afternoon. Anyway, I hope that everyone has a great Monday, stay safe and warm where ever you are.

No comments: