Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Great thing to have!


Great thing to have!, originally uploaded by torri_g.

My new and probably going to end up being my most favorite piece of computer related equipment...an external hard drive! Oh I'm so very happy! No more having to sit for what feels like days on end burning pictures to disks, no more complaining from my main hard drive in the tower about how much space I'm using. Oh and most importantly...no more having to try to find space the the million burnt cd's. I got started with transferring files last night and got 17 GB moved and am working on the remaining 16 GB this morning. If you are doing the math that is 33 GB total and is about a year and a half worth of pictures. Since I had already backed up all of these files by doing the major burning of cd's I debated moving the files to the hard drive, but figured what the heck a back for the back up is not such a bad plan. I have lost far to many pictures over the years and am a firm believer in there is no such thing as to many back ups of the files.

Alright enough of me and my geeky rambling. Since the subject is being talked about though I'll ask the question...Have you backed up your photo's lately? I hope that everyone has a great Tuesday, and hopefully later this week I will manage to get out an about taking some pictures of things not in my house.

No comments: