Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cane Cholla Cactus


Cane Cholla Cactus, originally uploaded by torri_g.

I'm going to skip my usual Sibling Sunday post today since it really has been a slow week for new things with the kids. Well, other than Little Bugs report card arrived in house this week. All A's...oh and a very quiet D. She is proud of her all A's...oops have to do the very quiet D thing here again. Why a very quiet D? Well, that was what she kept doing. Little Bug would be very loud talking about her A's and then get really quiet to mention the D every time. At least she knows what she needs to do, and she did listen to her Mother give her the talk about the grade. Even with the D I'm proud of her because this report card is her strongest in about 4 years. Basically being viewed as a real sign that life with Little Bug is really moving back into more normal place.

The picture is another from the batch that I shot while out with Army Guy on Friday. These and the prickly pear cactus are just about my all time favorites to photograph. Now that I know there are tons of the cane cholla up in the look out area of Coronado, I may have to include that in my once a week check for flower blooms once the season for it arrives.

We are still enjoying a beautiful weather weekend here. Yesterday was just about as perfect as I could hope for. Cleaning with windows and doors open made the chores just get done quicker because of wanting to be able to have today to just enjoy the day. Long sleeve shirts in the morning gave way to short sleeved ones in the afternoon as we got up to 70 degrees. Another perfect day is forecast for today and I'm sure that two of my three girls will be looking to get outside as soon as they possibly can.
I hope that everyone is having a great weekend, and if you happen to live in any of the current Arctic freezing zones, stay safe and warm.

No comments: