Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bargain Hunting


IMG_1245, originally uploaded by torri_g.

I know some of my pictures this week are either boring or just strange, but hey it is my blog and what comes to my mind on any given day. Today is my bargain deal of the day. Binky Sue needed several packages of 3x5 lined index cards for an up coming English project which has me running up to the PX to get. There seems to be an unwritten rule that no matter what you go into the PX for, you must make a trip through the power zone otherwise known as the electronics department. It is a good way to kill some time doing some dream shopping most of the time, but today it had me finding a great deal. How great of a deal? Well this Duracell compact flash card usually sells for $39.97, today $7.97. The 4 GB cards were marked down to $9.97. I swear if I would have had more money I probably would have bought every 2 GB card that they had in there today. However, since I still had to get the index cards and make a quick trip to the commissary for odds and ends that I forgot to pick up this past week, one card was all I figured I would splurge on. What a great buy though! It brings my card count for the new camera up to 2 CF cards with 3 GB of storage, and 1 micro drive with1 GB. I'm a huge geek! Thank you I'm very much aware of that, but a great cheap deal is still a great cheap deal!

I hope that everyone is having a great Saturday, and see you back here tomorrow for the Sibling Sunday post.

No comments: