Monday, March 16, 2009

Eighteen Today!


Proof 11, originally uploaded by torri_g.

I have spent a good amount of time this weekend thinking about Binky Sue turning 18, and even with doing that I still don't know just what to say other than WOW! The feeling of not really knowing just where the last 17 years went is amazing. I'm wishing that I could find the ability to type something great here this morning, but I doubt that I'm going to find that here today. My first baby girl is eighteen, and even though she swore she wasn't ready, I know in my heart that she is.

Binky Sue I have watched you grow from a very happy baby to a beautiful (most of the time) happy young woman. Your drive and determination to achieve any goal you set for yourself, blows me away. I know for you the months counting down to this day and graduation in two months have had you fearful of the "what do I do next". But I have no doubt that you will find just what path it is that you want to put your once so tiny feet upon. Remember that you have the job of breaking the ground with all of the "Firsts" for Mommy, and while there is no end to being a Mommy there is a time we have to step aside and let wings be spread to start your own flight through life. Today is one of those major mile stones with another one steam rolling up upon us both.(Enough time to think about that one later though) For today enjoy a wonderful birthday and remember that Mommy is old now and might not be able to keep up with you at the mall. : )
I love you much my Binky Sue and hope that today is all that you want it to be!

No comments: