Friday, March 27, 2009

Don't let her cute fool you


IMG_4442, originally uploaded by torri_g.

Miss Mia has a problem. Mia has a very big problem, which I'm hoping come tomorrow morning with the arrival of a trainer we can start working on. Since December Mia has had days, which are now growing in number, where she snaps and just attacks Trinity. Now she hasn't drawn blood, and isn't going for a kill type attack, it seems to be more of a jealous mad minute rage type thing. I have read, tried, read some more, tried, but everything seems to just be a temporary fix. This week after what was the second attack and seeing Trinity terrified, I made a phone call to a dog trainer that has been highly recommended. We talked for about 45 minutes on the phone and I'm putting my hopes in this woman and her honesty with me. She is coming out tomorrow morning to evaluate and talk with me. We have the mutual promise of doing what would be best for Miss Mia, no matter what that may be. We talked about the possibility that because Trinity is a coon hound and they tend to be the door mats of the doggie world and willing to be bullied, that depending on Mia and what the trainer sees her recommendation may be to re-home Mia with no other dogs. That is the worst case scenario at this point in time. It was the test of me and just how willing I am to do what may be needed. I don't want to re-home Mia...I don't want to re-home either of my doggy girls. However, I know that I can not let this continue. Trinity can not continue to have to walk on egg shells with Mia. She can not continue to live in fear of what will make her snap. So tomorrow morning we meet with the trainer, and hope that we don't hear the words re-home and start some new behavior training with Mia. So everyone keep fingers crossed.

It is time for Feline & Furball (with Feathers) Friday again. Which means time to head over to visit Steve and Pickle. If you want to play along all you have to do is post your own and leave a link in comments.
I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: