Sunday, September 30, 2007

18 Years!

Eighteen years ago today, we became husband and wife. I can still remember the nerves of that day, the trembling hands, coming down the stairs of your parents house praying that I wouldn't take a tumble down them. The fly that we were both convinced was going to land in the preachers mouth. Trying to get my shaking hands to sync up with yours to get that ring on, then having to shove it on your hand because there was no way it wasn't going to fit and go on that day. Our first kiss as Mr. and Mrs. G.
Sitting and standing for all of the pictures, the craziness of flash bulbs going off in our face. Holding your hands and feeling so overwhelmed by how much I loved you. Being surrounded by our families, seeing their tears, feeling their love for us. Wondering when we would have a private moment to ourselves. Trying to remember to breath, and looking at you and having my breath taken away from me over and over again.
Eighteen years later, I still feel that same love for you. Sitting here this morning looking at pictures from that day, typing this post, I still feel that you are the love of my life, and there is no one that could take your place in my heart. Thinking about the years here today, and we have had our share of very hard ones, but we got through them together, and they have made us stronger, and made me love you even more. Face it Todd Allan you have me for the rest of your life, and I have you for the rest of mine, and I cant think of anything better than that. I love you Todd, and today I will be missing you just a little more, and thinking about you a lot. Today is our day, and has been for the last 18 years. Happy Anniversary Sweetie!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: