Monday, October 1, 2007

Warning: Beware of this entry!

Warning: This entry has a creeping crawling picture in it. If you do not like anything creeping crawling then you should click on the red X up in the corner and not continue with this one. This one is bigger than my last one so really, think about if you really want to see what I found wandering in my back yard tonight.


It is that time of year again where the weather is just perfect for me to be seeing the tarantula's in the back yard. Right at sunset time tonight while out with Trinity, I spotted this big guy making his way from one side of the yard to the other. Of course like always, my very first thought was to keep the dog away from it, and then get my camera and get some pictures. This one is a black silky tarantula we believe. It is a male and that is why it is so small, the females get much, much bigger. Paige was my great helper for getting the picture's tonight. I really don't like spiders at all, but man I just so cant pass up a chance to take pictures of these things. I would not catch it though like Paige suggested we do. I may be able to get in really close with my camera, but I will not now, nor will I ever catch one on purpose! Ah, fall and cooler temps are back in Arizona, time for all of the creepy crawling things to come out and play for just a little while longer. I hope that every one's week is off to a great start, well if anyone even makes it through this post.


No comments: