Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How I spent my summer vacation

Do you remember when you were young and in elementary school and one of the first things that you wrote was about your summer vacation? It was a great easy assignment for that first day back for the teacher to give. Well, if I had to write one this year come the end of summer I think it would be filled with all my trips to see doctors. Considering that before April my last trip was October and my trip before that was more than a couple of years ago, I think I'm doing nicely on making up for lost time in the doctors offices. Wait a second though I should get credit for all the time spent with kids in doctors offices shouldn't I? Oh well, to late to see if that excuse would work.

Anyway, I had my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon today and after I was able to climb back down from the ceiling that he sent me flying through while examining my knee, the final decision is that I get to have surgery. I've torn my meniscus and if I want to be able to do all the things that I should be able to do with my knee, I really need to have this repaired. First step is to wait for Tricare to get me a referal for a MRI to see just what the total damage to the meniscus is, and shortly after that is done I will be sitting down with doctor to discuss what and how this will happen and then the when. I don't think it will be all that long of a process to get from today to having the surgery, or at least that is not how it sounded with doctor this morning. Probably the longest waits will be the referal and then the appointment date for the MRI. Right now I'm pretty willing to bet that come the start of the new school year I will be spending time on cruches and back in a brace after having had surgery. Could prove to be a very interesting start to the new school year. You know the time of year when there is the non stop running of kids here, there, and everywhere! But that is just my guess, and in the coming weeks I'm sure that it will get much clearer on just when. Although I will admit that the idea of not being able to go and do the back to school registration out at the high school would not break my heart. I think Army Guy should have the joy of doing two registration on two different days and losing several hours of his life due to standing in lines that never move just one year at the high school. Alright I'm aware that is a mean thing, but people you really have no idea just what it is like with this school!

So basically this is going to be a summer spent with doctors, on crutches, in a brace, doing a whole heck of a lot of nothing other than bordering on the verge of pulling my hair out because I'm bored! Now that is just some real great fun. I hope that everyone is having a good week so far, and I'll be back tomorrow with another picture from archives.

No comments: