Friday, June 5, 2009

Clear mind needed for being a Mom

Well, if I had any doubts about my stopping taking the pain killers yesterday morning, I have none left now. My nausea and vomiting stopped as soon as the last pills I had taken worked their way out of my system. The blurred fog seemed to last a little longer, but by last night I felt clear to think again. Which is a good thing really since in my fog state I missed the fact that Little Bug was complaining about her throat being so painful. She started her day off Wednesday with a fever, but seemed to be running the same course that Binky Sue did about a week and a half ago with her cold. Little Bug by last night and Mommy finally feeling clear of the fog, I noticed just how much pain she was in with trying to swallow. Little Bug grabbed the flash light for me and a quick look in her mouth and I'm thinking it might be possible that she has strep throat. So this morning as soon as that appointment line is up and going I'm going to be seeing about getting her in to be checked. Well, I will be trying to set the appointment at least, the driving today is going to have to be up to Army Guy. I'm also going to see about getting an appointment set for myself here today because someone has got to have a better way for dealing with this pain that doesn't involve vicoden or any other major drug that is going to make me sick to my stomach. I'm not sure how happy work will be with Army Guy, but since he is right now the only one that can drive, they are going to have to deal with it. By they way, this is why there should be quick fixes for Mom's because there really isn't any time for down time. Just a thought...I'm sure it will never work out that way though. One other thing is very clear to me though, this Mom can not take pain killer medicine because I like having clear brain function to much, and missing something like Little Bug and her major throat pain is just not acceptable to me.

I hope that everyone has a good Friday, and I will be back later with an update on Little Bug and possibly a Feline Friday post.

No comments: