Saturday, June 6, 2009

A letter to my angel


IMG_5555, originally uploaded by torri_g.

Maybe it is because the last month has been one heck of a roller coaster ride, or maybe because my mind has been a million other places, but today has not been the dreaded painful that June 6th usually is. The usual dark clouds that surround my heart on this day gave way to some light, and laughter. Whatever the reason for it I'm not going to question it at all I miss you Alexandria Marie, and if tonight typing this is the only time I cry today, then I'm doing far better than any of the last 15 years. It has been a year of big miles stones here for your sisters, and I have found myself almost daily drawn to thoughts of you, and where in the mile stones you would be. I have found there is nothing wrong with that, till the fact that you are no longer with us hits me. I think because today so many of the little ones that I have asked you to keep watch over had reasons to celebrate today, placed it firmly in my mind that sometimes this date on the calendar isn't so bad. Over the course of the day I have watched your sisters, and listened to them and their laughter and found a real thankful comfort with it. I may no longer have you here with me, but in my heart just like them, you will always be here with me. I love you very much my sweet little angel, and continue to do the great job of keeping watch over your sisters and all of the little ones that hold a place in my heart.

No comments: