Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Busy day...busy next couple of days


Fluffy Clouds, originally uploaded by torri_g.

We had a beautiful start to the day, and just in general a terrific day here. Crowds for shopping were very small, and errand running went quick and smoothly. My only problem with errand shopping was having to head to the pet store because the feed store just didn't have the food I needed for the birds. Pet store with all three girls with me...yeah not such a great thing. Oh well, we got what we were in need of and yes there was one that we didn't need but we got it anyway. You know...because I just can not deal with sad looking eyes from an animal even if they are bird eyes.
Sweetpea got a pretty good start done to her back to school shopping, 1 pair of pants and 2 shirts that are the exact same except for color. Don't laugh...for Sweetpea that is a huge start, and the fact that she picked them all out on the same day, wow there just aren't really words to describe how HUGE that really is. Sweetpea is not the kind of girl that really cares about clothes, and what she does care about is that they are no where close to fitting tight anywhere on her body, and that there is barely any skin being shown. Have you tried shopping in the juniors department with those limits? If you haven't let me tell you there is nothing fun about it. Colors area huge thing for my Sweetpea too, not really into prints of any kind they should be solid. The shirts should...get ready for this one Grandma...they should breath. Feel of clothes is another huge factor that gets the nose turned up, if it is scratchy in the least bit it will get the look of "OH YUCK!" Common phrases to hear while shopping with her are I need bigger because that will be to tight, I need this color because that one is just to bright, I don't want that one because the material is to rough for my skin, oh I could go on for hours but I won't. We got it started, and will go out again come the middle of the month and try for some more. Sweetpea told me that we need to set the date now so she can get herself ready for it. What a silly baby girl.

We skipped doing lunch out today so that we could go out for dinner, or at least that was the plan earlier in the day. I'm not sure just how out for dinner Burger King counts for, but all of the girls were thrilled with it so that is what matters most. Tomorrow is shopping for food for humans of the house, and several other shopping errands. Thursday is Binky Sue's senior yearbook photo shot day and probably chopping and preparing things for our usual July 4th celebration at home. After today I'm thinking that the week is going to fly by, but tonight I'm just happy that there has been little to no bickering in this house. Alright not total quiet but I have not had to say the words " Can we please stop!"
I hope that everyone had a wonderful day and that tomorrow is yet another good day.

1 comment:

honkeie said...

I hope to visit Arizona sometime in my life, love all the pictures.
By the way, Sweetpea is my wife's nickname ;-P