Monday, July 7, 2008

Arizona Striped Whiptail


P7064087, originally uploaded by torri_g.

One of the other good things about getting out of the house with the camera yesterday is that I have some pictures to be able to post. The girls and I saw about two dozen of these Arizona Striped Whiptails out running around in the canyon yesterday. They are fun to watch, but even more fun to try and photograph. Their color is perfect for blending in with...well with everything in the canyon. The added fun of having all three of the girls with made getting pictures that much more of a challenge. I don't blame the little guys for running, I had two out with me yesterday that just didn't seem to know the meaning of needing to be quiet, and when we wandered into an area where there were a bunch of them sunning themselves...well I'm not sure who was more scared. There was a flurry of running, and some scared screams that broke the quiet of the canyon. Which was kind of sad for me actually because I had just gotten a picture with about six of these guys framed up. After the screams it was nothing more than blurs across the ground. Ah the joys of the missed shot.

I hope that everyone is having a great start to their week, and hopefully we will get back out again today and add to the pictures that can be posted.

No comments: