Monday, July 21, 2008

Ready or not she is a Senior!!


Proof 22, originally uploaded by torri_g.

In just a couple of hours Binky Sue and I will be out at the high school doing her registration for the 2008-2009 school year. I know in May on the last day of school when she came home and yelled "I'm a SENIOR!" there was a bit of reality that started to set in for both of us. Today however it will be time to deal with that reality as we get her registered for her last year of high school. The last summer vacation of her childhood is drawing to a close and finding neither one of us ready for this. Alright so she might be a little more ready than her Mom for this one but not by much. Binky Sue is ready for a very lite class load this year though. For the first three years she has taken such a full load of classes that I'm surprised the little girls didn't crack under the stress of it all. This year will be her two final major credit classes, two easy electives and school day that will end around noon or so. I know that Binky Sue plans on looking for a job as the school year gets started because she wanted this last summer vacation of just being a kid to enjoy. The plans of taking SAT's and ACT's is already in motion, and the looking at schools for after high school has begun.

I know she hasn't been a little girl for good while now, but she is my baby girl and I'm not so sure that I'm ready for this. I think because she is the one that is going to start the chain reaction of big changes. Binky Sue graduates May of 2009, Army Guy plans on retiring come October of 2009, and then Sweetpea graduates May of 2010. I'm finding it a little difficult to believe that so many years have passed so quickly. I will get a little bit of a breather for Little Bug which will be a good thing.

I really do know that it is time for all of this to start happening, and there is a very tiny piece of me that is ready and can not wait to see paths that my first baby girl chooses to take with her life, but there is an even bigger part of Mommy that is screaming "NO! It can't be time yet!" It should be interesting to see if I can get that Mommy part of me silenced because ready or not her senior year gets started today.

No comments: