Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rain, rain go away!


California sister, originally uploaded by torri_g.

I know that we need rain, and I know that it is time for the monsoon, but couldn't it go away for just like a day? The rain that started Tuesday night is continuing, which means another day of not being able to head out to Huachuca Canyon. I'm glad that I shot so many pictures earlier in the week, but it doesn't change the fact that we want to get out.

Anyway, this is a California Sister butterfly which made up the largest part of the group that we found on the trail sunning. Our best guess was that there had to be a good 40 of these laying out in the sun that morning. Pretty cool to look up a trail and see that many butterflies laying out sunning, which is a huge reason why we all want to get back up there.

I still haven't been able to identify the blue butterfly that I posted the other day. Thank you Steve for the links and I'm going to continue my search through the site to see if I can figure that one out. I hope that everyone is having a good week, and if you have sun today get out of the house and enjoy.

No comments: