Friday, July 18, 2008

Early Friday morning freak out

So far there are no pictures for this post, and if I can not find away to get past my early morning freak out there will never be pictures on this blog again! Last night while dogs were being taken outside, Sweetpea spotted a scorpion on the back patio. Of course being Mom I played all calm about it so I could calm girls down, and yes as I looked out the back windows I spotted it too. I was calm though, after all we live in Arizona and this is just yet another of the many creepy crawling things that live here. We identified which type it was with a quick search online and talked about remembering to pay attention when outside here during the summer. Girls calmed down, they talked about their hopes that I would be able to get a picture of it and then the discussion was over. To bad I woke up this morning dreaming about having a scorpion crawling on me! Now my fears have me not wanting to put my feet down on the floor and I keep looking all around me to make sure that the thing on the patio didn't make it's way into the house over night! Even better for adding to the fear here this morning is the fact that I am going to have to take the dogs out in just a little bit here. I don't want to go outside, I don't even want to look out the windows this morning to the outside. For as calm as I was with the girls last night, I'm more freaked out this morning than they were. My skin is crawling and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to ever move from where I'm sitting right now. I'm sure Army Guy will get a real laugh out of this one, and I'm thinking that walking around wearing a pair of his boots may be in order for my day.

Alright, now I'm going to try to find my happy place that doesn't allow creepy crawling things so I can get going with my day here. I mean I really can not sit here all day with my feet up off of the floor. Oh it is going to be such a very long day. Look out though if I can get past this freak out and back to a calm, brave place there may be pictures of this thing.

No comments: