Monday, June 2, 2008

Hot busy day

Not that anyone reading is even thinking about making a trip to Tucson, just be warned...it is HOT! Anyway, today was a very busy day for the girls and I. We were up and out the door early to head up to Tucson for Littlebugs neurology appointment. It is always such a thrill to go see Dr. OCD! Littlebug is doing fine, and we are going to stay in another 6 month holding period. I do have to take her to have some blood tests done, but other than that...nothing. We caught him up to date on what episodes she has had since we saw him in November. He listened in his usual way... yeah okay so I'm a little tired of dealing with this man. He may be a great doctor, but I swear that sometimes I feel like I'm dealing with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide...never know for sure just how he is going to be! I think since her last EEG was over a year ago and we have had a change back to the original seizures that maybe it would be a good idea to take a look and see what is going on. Oh wait, I'm not the one who is the doctor so my opinion just doesn't matter. Yes I know, snap out of this mood I'm in. I really am trying and it was a better visit than one's that we have had in the last couple of years. I guess since I'm the one that has to hear her ask "Mom am I ever going to grow out of this and not have to take these medications?" I get a bit of an attitude.

Enough of my complaints for the visit, and on to other updates for this house. Sweetpea seemed better this morning and we did stick with our plans for heading to the mall for the day. Everything was fine till we were just about home and then Sweetpea started not looking so good again. When we did finally pull in I was surprised to see Todd was home and even more surprised when we got in the house to find him laying down looking about as good as Sweetpea had this weekend. Yep, we have flu of some kind going around here and poor hubby was actually bad enough to get sent home from work! (They hardly ever send anyone home!) Tonight was funny if you had been here to watch me running from one end of the house to the other checking on Sweetpea who spiked a fever finally and scared the daylights out of me, to checking on hubby, and cooking dinner for the remaining three of us. I sure love my life in the fast lane. Right now I'm just really hoping that I can escape this whole flu thing, oh please let me escape this flu thing. Todd was in bed for the night very early. Sweetpea slept in rounds of 30 minutes while I monitored her fever that stayed at 102.5 with motrin for 4 hours, but has since dropped and she is now sleeping for the night hopefully. Binky Sue is still doing just fine and hoping that by hiding in her room that maybe she will be able to avoid this whole thing. Littlebug only had the one time of getting sick and hopefully that will be it for her. I'm thinking that tomorrow is probably going to be a major cleaning day for me and when all are healthy again I'm going to head off to a spa. Oh alright there won't be a spa trip for me at the end of this, but a Mom can dream can't she?

I hope that everyone had a good start to the week. I'm also going to hope that soon all the people in my house are healthy again. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

Mom of 5 Gents said...

Hope your sick ones recover quickly and the rest of you are able to avoid their icky germs completely!