Saturday, July 11, 2009

Feline Friday


Gypsy Rose, originally uploaded by torri_g.

Getting new pictures of any of the animals is still a bit problematic here for me this week, so went into archives again for a picture to use. Other than having this picture on my side bar, I don't think that I ever used it for a post. Miss Gypsy Rose on her first night here in the house, and she immediately made it clear what she thought about me and the camera. She also made it clear that any cat of Binky Sue's would be the one to stick their tongue out at me on a regular basis. Since we are talking about Gypsy here today let's go over all of the changes since she first got here. She still has some great fears of spending to much time with people other than Binky Sue, but she get friendlier with each day. Gypsy seems to be enjoying spending time getting to know Angel, and likes to make it very clear to Angel that she will not be bullied. Spending time with the dogs on the other hand just isn't her thing though. She will stay in the same room with them as long as she has a human to hide beside. When she is out of Binky Sue's room we have to make sure to keep an eye on her because finding a spot to hide is still her first thought, but after she is out for a while she will start to roam and explore. She is bossy with Binky Sue just like any kitty cat should be, and we think that the most major of her fears of being hurt have gone away. Our only worry about her now is with a quickly up coming move having to be made is how will she deal with the change, but we will all do our best to help her through that one when the time gets here.

So it is time to head over and visit Steve and Pickle again this week and see all of the great animals that stop by over there. I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment:

Suzanne R said...

Oh, isn't she pretty, even with her tongue stuck out. :-) My cats make a habit of hiding from time to time, too. We have had painters here and I thought I had lost a cat in the process but thankfully she was hiding under my bed. I wish you the best with your move and your animals' adjustment to it.