Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Busy Bee


Busy Bee, originally uploaded by torri_g.

Yesterday was a semi busy bee kind of day. Quick and early out of the house to pick up x-ray disk from the local hospital and then off to have my MRI done. Sit and wait, wait, and wait a little more because if it is local appointment I just still after 5 years of being here can not get my timing right. Now tell me appointment in Tucson and I can get that timing right. Finally get called back in and get to see the poor guy that they have walking laps up and down the hallways in his gown and tennis shoes feeling like an idiot. At least he had a great sense of humor about the whole thing, and would cheerfully say hello every time he passed me. He also would throw in comments about how stupid he felt doing the laps in his outfit and asked that no one take a picture of him because he was sure that his wife would love to post that.
Finally off to the room to get the MRI done and thankful that for the first time ever of having one done that they had head phones. I got to listen to classic rock for the 25 minutes of the beating and banging that is known as having a MRI done, and other than freezing to death by the time I was done, just about feel asleep during it. Simple things like "Have a great day" and "Your doctor will probably have the results sometime tomorrow" and I was left to try and find my way out of the maze. Thank goodness there were other people back there that could point the directions to me or I would still probably be trying to find my way out of that place. No kidding...it was a huge maze in there.
The good thing about being freezing cold was when I got outside and hit the 90+ temperature at 10:00 in the morning, I didn't feel like I was melting on the spot.

Army Guy and I took a look at a house yesterday and I'm still not real sure just what to say about it other than "we looked at a house yesterday". I will say that picking one of the hottest days to go looking is probably not such a great idea. The fun of walking into a house that is and has been sitting closed up all summer in Arizona is like walking right into a blast furnace.
Today is going to be a more simple day or errand running. Binky Sue has some job listings that she would like to get out and put in applications for, and tonight is her meeting with the Lions Club. Tomorrow will be a day of shopping for Sweetpea and possibly Little Bug and the ever dreaded back to school clothes. I'm still debating the idea of driving to Tucson. We are hot here and hitting 100...but for Tucson they are running a good 10-15 degrees higher. Add heat coming off of roads and good grief I'm so not sure about that trip. Maybe keep it more local where it may be hot but at least we can get back home quickly.

Come Thursday I have appointment with surgeon to go over the MRI, and I can honestly say that I'm really interested in knowing just what all I did to this knee of mine, and if we really are going to do surgery to correct it. Anyway, I hope that everyone is having a good week so far, and that there is more good just waiting for us all this week.

No comments: