Monday, January 14, 2008

Relaxing start to the new week

I'm pretty sure that my main goal for today is to do next to nothing. This weekend was a busy and kind of irritating one, so I think it would be wonderful to just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet in the house. Anyway, the pictures today are from last week and my trip out to Our Lady of the Sierras Shrine. I take pictures several times a week, but usually just around here or of the kid and animals. One of my goals for this year is to try to get out and about at least once a week, and at least once a month find a new place that I have never been to and take pictures there.
The shrine sits on top of a mountain in the Ash Canyon area, and the view is spectacular. The hike from the parking lot down below the church on a daily basis would be one of the best forms of a work out that anyone could do. I'm already planning another trip out there because the camera and I seemed to be having issue with each other about just how to shoot a picture. I'm thrilled with how all of my pictures turned out, but want another chance at them. Due to running short on time I didn't get all the way through the area out there, so would like to make sure that I get a quicker start next trip.

I'm hoping that my next trip out will be a little less frustrating with the white balance. I also have thoughts of a different trip even though it would be a repeat trip. The Butterflies Exhibit at the Tucson Botanical Garden has been up and running since October, and will be ending come March, so I think it is time to head up that way and spend a day taking pictures. I promised the girls last year that this time they would make the trip with me. Since they have next Monday off from school I think I need to take a look at trying to make the trip to Tucson.
I hope that everyone has a great start to the week, and enjoys something just relaxing today.

No comments: