Thursday, January 24, 2008

Not so great at keeping up

I have not been so great at keeping up with blogging this week. Girls have been to distracted with school stuff, for me to do our weekly blogs about them. I have had some projects that I wanted to work on, so I just didn't get around to signing in. So I figure for tonight I would just post a week update and hopefully get back into the swing tomorrow with the Feline Friday post.

It has been an eventful week at the high school for the oldest two. There was a stabbing that happened Tuesday, and the fall out from that has been rumors of a possible shooting, and heaven only really knows just what else. There has been from the sounds of it, a pretty large police presence at the high school since Wednesday, and based on the e-mail and phone call notifications that presence is going to be there till at least next week. The girls have said that it has been very quiet at the school since Wednesday because there have been a lot of students staying home. Todd and I talked to the girls about everything going on and they both wanted to go to school. I will admit that my first gut reaction was "Ummm...NO WAY!" The sad thing is that the treats do happen and after the real problem the rumors are bound to fly. Difficult choice as a parent to send them off and just pray for the very best to happen.

Littlebug on the other hand is having a very quiet week at school. She will be getting to stay home with Mom tomorrow since it is an in service day for the teachers. Who doesn't love a three day school week?

I'm going to be the temporary host for the Feline Fridays till at least March when we hit all the birthdays, so I will be back tomorrow with that entry.

I hope that everyone has been having a good week.

No comments: