Sunday, December 9, 2007

Can I come up with 15 days?

For the last three years I have done a count down of the last 15 days till Christmas. Well, guess what...it is time for it to start again. Okay so starting today will take us up to Christmas Eve but might as well start it.

This weekend has been filled with decorating the house. Two villages, the tree, some of the windows and a couple of tables later we are done decorating! For our snowman village the girls all worked on making backgrounds for it. This year they even gave it a town name. (I will post pictures of it in the next couple of days and let you know the name then to.) Paige did a beautiful dry pastel drawing for the back of the space that it is sitting in and Steph and Chey did side wall stuff with stickers that I found. The snowman village was very frustrating this year due to lights that wanted to work then didn't. Take down, put up new, and repeat! I'm not sure but I think when it takes 4-5 hours to get just one small village done it might be taking just a little to long.

One of my favorite things about decorating that seems to help move my mood into wanting to get it done is answering the questions about "Mom, how old is this?" The winner of the oldest Christmas ornament...a tiny little angel. Hey!! As I'm typing this one up I'm coming up with idea's for posts over the next 15 days, I might be able to get through them all this year!

I hope that everyone has been staying warm this weekend, and has had a wonderful weekend.

No comments: