Wednesday, February 6, 2008

First sick day for Binky Sue

No I didn't subject the sick one to me with the camera this morning. I figured this one from last week when she was less than interested in standing still for the pictures was more than good enough. Poor Binky Sue is home for her very first sick day of the 2007-2008 school year. It is usually Sweetpea that has the perfect attendance run with school, but this year has been Binky Sue's year for it. Nothing has hit her hard enough to make her want to stay home from school till this morning at 3:45 a.m. That is when she wandered into my room to tell me that she wasn't feeling real well and running a fever of 101.4. The best this Mom could do at that time was tell her to take some motrin and climb back in bed...oh and that she would not be going to school today! A little tidbit about my Binky Sue, she used to make sure to drink a big glass of ice water right before Mom would take her temperature so should could fake not being sick. When I finally caught on to what she was doing I was amazed. I mean how many kids fake not being sick? Binky Sue and Sweetpea may not like going to school somedays but when they come to me and say they aren't feeling well I at least know that it is the real deal.

The call to the school was full of interesting information this morning. It is the first time calling that I ever got a busy signal for the first three times trying. Attendance is the busy office this morning since lots of parents are calling kids in sick due to stomach flu going around, and from the sounds of it at least a good half of the teachers are going to be subs today. Even the attendance office is short handed this morning. So I'm going to hope that the stomach flu doesn't make it's way into this house. Binky Sue will get to spend the day in bed sleeping with just the occasional visit from me to take her temperature and see if she needs anything. I hope that this passes quickly and doesn't end up with everyone in the house catching it.

I hope everyone is having a good week and staying warm.

No comments: