Friday, February 22, 2008

Destruction of Things Round 2

Well, I have a front row seat for the destruction of things round two! A couple of years ago when I posted the first round I just found the way they were doing the tear down interesting. This time I snapped the pictures because this is the housing that we lived in for the first year and nine months of our time here in Arizona. That first place saw a lot happen for this family in a very short time period. I had a lot of nights pacing floors in one of those units that is being torn down now. There is a unit over there that is about to be torn down that holds memories of laughter, tears, all kinds of things. Somewhere over there is a wall that holds markings of growth of all three of the girls for the time that we lived there. After traveling with the military so long and living in countless places over the last 18 years, I'm not really sure why seeing this being torn down is making me feel a little sad. The memories that were made moved with me, but I guess I just don't want to see physical place they happened in be destroyed.

No comments: