Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just what I'm thankful for

What I’m thankful for…

I’m thankful for family who share those special moments with us even though we have lived so very far away for such a long time. For the phone calls every week to catch us up to date on things going on. For the reminders that we are missed and loved.

I’m thankful for my husband who has worked for very hard in all ways. Who has changed so very much, but is still the one and only one for me in this world. For having him home to share the fun of the holidays with. For knowing that I am loved by him.

I’m thankful for my beautiful daughters who remind me every day that being Mom is a full time job and then some. They share their joys, their tears, their highs, their lows, their successes, and the times that aren’t such a success. I’m thankful that they come to me for advice when needed, to vent when they have to, for kisses and hugs at bed time still. I’m thankful for every minute that I get with them, even the ones that make me want to pull my hair out.

I’m thankful for my friends. For being able to stand with a friend and hold her hand when fear of “what if” was so much. To be able to hold a new life that was prayed for so much. I’m thankful for friends that were willing to pray every day for so many months for that little life. I’m thankful for not losing a friend because the people that were supposed to be helpful didn’t have a clue as to what they were doing. I’m thankful for hearing from a friend that she and her kids are okay, and pray that life for them gets just a little easier in the aftermath of all the bad. I am thankful for friends that have laughed with me, cried with me, vented with me, been goofy with me.

These are the things that I’m thankful for not just on Thanksgiving Day, but everyday of the year.

My favorite memories of this holiday…well it would be any of them that I spent surrounded by the people that I love, which is every year. Seeing my Mom pull out the china as a child and being able to do it now with my own children. Waking up early to help my own Mom get the turkey stuffed and in the oven, and now having my own children doing that very same thing. The planning, the smells, the laughter, all of it is why Thanksgiving is my favorite of the holidays. I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: