Thursday, August 13, 2009

As close as I can


IMG_6627, originally uploaded by torri_g.

This dragon fly loved this stick. No matter how many times my movement scared it off, it would just circle around and land right back on the stick. Which was great because without the ability to get down on the ground because of my knee, I was able to at least get in as close as I could and use the telephoto lens that was on the camera that day.

Oh and I figure out how to make the monsoon rain show up again...just talk about trying to get out and take pictures! The down pour started yesterday afternoon, and has been pretty much coming down since then. Which is fine with me because we really do need the rain to fall. I hope that everyone is having a good week, and have a great Thursday.

1 comment:

Steven said...

I love what you describe about dragonflies. If only butterflies were so predictable! Great shot.

Thanks for your kind words on the passing of Pickle cat. It's been tough but I'm better with it now. Ready to move on - not ready to get a new cat just yet though.

I want to turn Feline Furball Friday over to you! Email me at
steven.emmett@gmail.com or comment on my photo blog that you'll be the new host :-)

You've always been so steady and there are so many pet stories at your house. You are the perfect host.

Carly and Julie can help as well but I know both are swamped with life tasks and other photo memes.