Thursday, May 7, 2009

We Have A Party Invitation


Party Invitation, originally uploaded by torri_g.

I'm happy to say that my final printing project for Binky Sue's senior year is done, and at no time did I feel the urge to pull out any of my hair. Today will be getting a simple cutting done and rounding of the corners, then attaching them to the white and blue card stock mattes. The strip maps have already been printed and cut and I'm sure that my self imposed deadline of tonight having them in envelopes and in the hands of Binky Sue and Army Guy, will be achieved. I'm also happy that I was able to keep my perfectionist OCD at bay yesterday to get the portrait done. Binky Sue loves the portrait just how it is, and that is what matters the most, and I will just keep pointing that out to my brain that now keeps screaming for a re shoot. Of course to post it here I have removed a lot of personal information, and there is actually a blue border that only shows in the final printing. Yes, the school colors are blue and white, and Binky Sue when given the options of picking colors to go with for her party took the easy road of sticking with those. The three lower pictures were the ones that took me forever to pick out. I wanted to have one picture for each level of school plus the baby photo, and we won't talk about how many baby photo's I ended up going through during the selection. In the end the picture of a tiny happy Binky Sue in pink won. It was taken when she was only a couple of months old while we were out at a park in Augsburg Germany. We jump from there to elementary school in Maryland, and then to middle school in Georgia. Oh and let's not leave out the top two photo's and pending party here in Arizona. Mom got to pick the bottom three photo's and Binky Sue was in charge of picking the the top two. Binky Sue is just happy that none of the Cinderella photos made their way out for that bottom picture.

I feel like I'm rambling, but as we draw closer to graduation day I'm finding that my thoughts are rambling. It just seems like with a single blink of the eye she has gone from that little happy baby girl in frilly pink dress, to the young woman standing in the cap and gown ready to walk into the adult world.
Anyway, I hope that everyone has a great Thursday and try not to blink to much because it is amazing just how much time will pass.

1 comment:

Delilah said...

Very cute! Great job!