Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Photo editing and my evil genius hubby

My last couple of days have been lost in photo editing, printing, oh my goodness going buggy eyed looking at pictures. Tonight though my hubby is the best person on the planet as far as I'm concerned. The picture of the cake came out to yellow and with three different editing programs and trying to many things to list out, I just could not get the color corrected. As my frustration grew I finally looked at my evil genius hubby and asked him for any thoughts or should I just give up and move on to the next one. Well, not only did he have an answer for me with this one, thanks to his time spent doing lighting in the theater he had some answers for me on a couple of other ones. Oh the art of using filters and having someone who know just which ones to use to achieve the look you want!! I love this man of mine!! What a great evil genius he is!
I'm pretty proud of myself and the work I have gotten done with pictures here this week. Yesterday morning I sat myself down and finally got through the prom photo's and got Binky Sue and Soccer boy their picture requests printed, cut, and sorted for the two of them. I got through the 500 wedding pictures and have narrowed the number down to 200 which I will probably finish editing by tomorrow and get put onto a jump drive and over to the other photographer that I worked with to put them on a CD for the couple. Not to bad for turn around time on that one, take 700 pictures on Saturday and have 200 picked out and edited by Wednesday. By the way, I don't think I will be doing it that way again. Wait...knowing me I probably will do it that way again because once I start a project like that I'm focused on it till it is done. My next step for this week is to sit down and print photo's to mail to family that have asked for them. Just going to go though and pick from the many picture I have taken in the last couple of months and try not to overload with to many pictures. (Is there such a thing as to many pictures? Nah..I don't think so.) Then I have pictures to get through from the Bee family visiting. The project after that is the one that I'm really not looking forward to. I need to make myself sit and backup all of my photo's which will be a day of burning them to CDs. I hate when I get off track with the backup of the photo's because it usually means losing a couple of days to sitting here burning, but oh well I should know better by this point in time.

I'm going to close here on a funny note...an actual note found in the teachers lounge at the big girls school, and shared with student in Sweetpea's art class yesterday.

"To the IDIOT who borrowed my genetically altered eggs...You might want to go to the doctor before stuff starts falling off." Unknown Teacher

Sweetpea brought home a written down copy to share with us because she was sure that everyone would have a great laugh, which we did. So when taking something from the fridge that doesn't belong to you, and you work in a school, you really should think twice because those sneaky science teacher may have something in there that you really may regret taking. I hope that everyone had a great day, and that tomorrow is a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: