Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend That Was

You know you had a busy weekend, when it takes you till Wednesday to finally recover! It started Friday night with a late drive up to the Tucson airport to pick up my sister and her boyfriend. Then off and running early Saturday morning to Phoenix for the Nascar race. A sea of cars, people, and some pretty good hot temperatures. Did some tailgating, did a ton of walking, drank a couple gallons of water, climbed what felt like a million stairs. Watched the band Emerson Drive do a concert in the fairway, and saw hundreds of people laying out in the shade of the grand stands. It was an excellent weekend! Sweetpea made the trip with us, which was surprising to both Todd and I since she usually says that the races are just oh so boring to watch, but she totally loved being at the race this weekend. We had scanners to listen with and help protect hearing, and Sweetpea kept writing me notes asking me questions about things. There were a couple times she jumped up and leaned so far forward to see what was going on down on the track that I thought for sure she was going to go tumbling down the stands. She picked out a hat for a driver that she liked the most, ate the big pretzels, drank the huge lemonades, and smiled the entire time. I made it through the whole race this year which was just incredible to me. I was doing a happy dance all the way back out to the car that night because of not getting a headache. The only down side to staying the whole thing was having to try and make it home safely with all the other people who had spent most of their day drinking something other than water and lemonade. We made it though and finally rolled into the house at about 1:30 am. Tired, feeling like we were all covered with dirt, but safe and happy about what a great day it had been.

If you can believe it, we were up early Sunday morning to get Little bug back from the friends house she spent the night at. Off to the store to pick up some stuff that was needed for dinner. Then off to Tombstone so sister and boyfriend could see that before they headed back out early Monday morning. One more early morning drive to the airport to drop off this time, and I have been left feeling so tired, I think I am giving a new definition to the meaning of being tired. We have one more round of company coming to visit us this month though and I have to get moving to get the house ready. I'm not so sure if I even remember how to baby proof my house, but I'm going to be giving it my very best try. This weekend is going to prove to be a very busy one also since not only do we have the Bee family coming in from Alaska, but Binky Sue has prom this weekend. I have been tasked as playing chef for the date due to some technical issues with some people who have made the date couple just want to hide from them all.

All right I think that this is enough for one entry today. I hope that everyone is having a great week, and that anyone who maybe attending prom this weekend has a wonderful, safe time.

No comments: