Friday, April 4, 2008

Life in the mini zoo

Life in the mini zoo here has started to calm down and get back to normal. It seems that I have been forgiven by the cats for all of my wrongs. Thank goodness really because I'm not sure just how much longer I could have dealt with being dive bombed, meowed at loudly, clean up of things nasty, all of the wonderful things that they tend to do when upset with me. Eclipse and Angel were both very happy to have a beautiful day with great breeze flowing through open windows yesterday. I was happy because it gave me a chance to sit and play with the Olympus E-500 for about an hour or so. (Trying to figure out where all the buttons are on a different camera is just oh so very much fun...NOT!!) Anyway, the pictures of them are not the best but that isn't their fault. I was thrilled with just how close they were willing to let me get with the camera. It is a first I tell you...and I am very hopeful that it will not be the last.

Last week Steve returned with the Feline Friday and made a change to it. We now have Feline and Furball Friday going on. Which made Trinity and Mia happy to see that they too can give me a hard time on Thursday and Friday while I'm trying to get pictures of an animal. The first picture is of Mia, she is sometimes so not aware of things. I had been taking pictures and snapped one of her and then she sat in front of me for the next 15 minutes just like she is in this picture. I'm not sure just what was going through her puppy mind, but knowing her it probably involved the thought "Can I lick that thing? Is it food? I wonder if Mom will let me chew on that cool strap that is hanging off of it?" The last picture was taken with my Kodak P880 last weekend. The doggy train wreck left Trinity and Mia just so unable to move. Just so other dogs know what happens when you spend a day running, jumping, playing, chasing, fighting, repeating the whole list over and over again, you may end up looking just like this at about eight in the evening. It's a horrible, horrible thing but all dogs should be aware of it.
Well, I think that covers it for the animals. I will come back later today and post the link over to Steve's, and don't forget if you want to play along all you have to do it post your own and leave a link in comments.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

Update: As promised I'm back with the link to Steve and Pickles new place.
Feline & Furball Friday

No comments: