Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Let's go for a hike

Still have company here visiting, and yesterday was "Let's go for a hike" day. Which proved to be a little more than I think Mommy B was ready for. It was the altitude of our hike that was getting to her. We headed out to Garden Canyon area and headed up to the middle and upper area's of the mountain to do our hike. Mommy B did fine though, she just had to take it a little slower than most of us. The little B children had fun keeping up with me as I showed them the finer points of how to scare their Mommy B by jumping rocks in the creek, and climbing very steep lose rock and dirt hills. We were on a mission to find as many bugs and creepy crawling things as we could though. I was amazed that I could get the kids to sit and stand still as long as I did by just talking about what the dragon flies and butterflies were doing sitting on the rocks. Then it was back to jumping, climbing, slipping and catching our balance just millimeters from falling into the water. Yes and Mommy B thanked me for showing the kids just how to become a huge muddy wet mess, and how to take a brand new pair of shoes and make them look like they are 50 years old or better on the very first day that you wear them! To which my response is "Hey...at least they weren't trying to drag you along faster than what you could move at the time. I kept them so busy they forgot that you and Daddy B were there!"
Little baby B had the best time of all of the kids though I think. He got to ride in style and comfort, and have fun throwing the hated hat all over to keep Mommy and Daddy on their toes trying to keep track of it. The only reason he kept throwing it though is because it kept slipping down and blocking all vision for him, and when you are out and about in the world who really wants that?
I hope that the week is off to a great start for everyone, and try to get out and enjoy the day.

No comments: