Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mindless Wednesday


IMG_7572, originally uploaded by torri_g.

Sunday's sunrise was beautiful! The same can not be said for this morning however. I would have to say that this morning sunrise was more of gray, green, yellowish. A very stormy looking sky for sunrise today. Of course we were expecting this for today and after the high winds that tore through the area last night taking out power, I'm really kind of surprised that we have a roof on the house. You know you have a really good wind going when it can make the whole house vibrate and sound like there is a train running just outside the walls. No kidding while I was trying to fall asleep last night, I put my hand on the wall which is an outside wall, and could feel the thing vibrating with the roaring wind. The power for what I'm guessing would have been at least most of base was knocked out by the wind last night, but they were quick to get it back up and going again. Only about 2 hours from power outage to power back up. It should be interesting taking Binky Sue out for class this morning and seeing just what damage was done and what debris is laying on the roads.
Oh and if the weather men are right there may be the season first opportunity for pictures of snow on the mountain tops, and our high is going to be 30 degrees less than yesterday. I'm not going to whine about being cold though...not yet anyway. : )
Anyway, I hope that everyone has a great Wednesday!

No comments: