Friday, October 12, 2007

Oh so very close

Sorry...still no pictures being taken and posted this week. Good news is this won't be a soap box post like yesterday. Two more days and Todd will be back home!! I think my issue with picking up my camera is due to just getting to the point where I just really want him back home. No this isn't the longest TDY possible, but it is a longer one. TDYs will bring waves of emotion to you. When they first leave you are sad and wanting them not to go. Then you get to the point were you settle into the routine of not having them home. Throw in a little bit of Murphy and his law, and you will find yourself wishing they could just appear back home. Adjust, adapt, and keeping going is the name of the game. If you are lucky, time will pass quickly for most of the days, but there seems to be something for me that the last couple of weeks of any TDY just drags time wise. The longer the day seems, the more I miss him. The more I think about missing him the longer the day gets. The longer the day gets...well it just keeps going round like that. The end result is that I feel like I just cant move anymore. That is where I have been for about a week and a half now. I have been pretty mindlessly doing things around the house here. Yesterday the burst of hyper finally hit me, and the day passed quickly. I'm already feeling the hyper for today and sure that I'm going to fly through getting all the things done that I want to get done before Sunday rolls around.

What is funny, I have been sitting here thinking that I tend to do the same thing when we know family is coming to visit us. I know they are coming and start counting the days till they get here. Time will drag for the week plus before they are due to get to where ever we are, and then the final day burst of happy hyperness will hit. Having Todd be in the military for the last 18 years, I just know that I miss people that I love and care about. I try to not think about it to much, till they are getting closer to being with me again. With Todd being gone it is just a little bit bigger than with anyone else though. But in two days my Hubby will be back home, and there is nothing more exciting than that right now.

I hope that everyone has had a very good week, and that this weekend is spent with the people that you love the most. Hug them, kiss them, tell them how very much you love them!

No comments: