Monday, November 10, 2008

Spicy Monday


Spicy, originally uploaded by torri_g.

I'm still not real sure just what made me think standing over a pan of heating up chilies was a good idea. If you have never done, I suggest having a good cold and trying it. You should be cleared up quickly! When Army Guy is making his homemade chili powder the house goes through different stages of smell. At first it is a very subtle spicy scent, which quickly gives way to a makes your eyes water, then straight into "My goodness, my lungs are burning". The burning stage lasts the longest, but slowly there is a wonderful smell that creeps in. As he grinds all of the chilies into very fine powder and they combine you have thoughts of a good bowl of chili on a cold day. The final aroma that the house is left with is one that just can not be beat and I guess makes the lung burning sensation worth it. Today several batches of Army Guys "Arizona Dragons Breath" left the house on their way to different family members. They are all very fresh batches that have been made in the last 24 hours and they smell wonderful.

I hope that everyone had a good start to the week today, and that the rest of this week is filled with good things for all.

No comments: