Saturday, November 22, 2008

Simple Saturday Morning


100_9805, originally uploaded by torri_g.

When going out during fall here there is a very simple thing to remember, think about where you are heading to while you are still in the house and can grab a coat if needed. Of course I didn't think about that yesterday before heading out for Huachuca Canyon and trying to find some fall colors to take pictures of. I didn't think about while I was walking from the house to the carport either, because my long sleeve shirt was enough for the almost 50 degrees here at the house. It was not enough however once I got up into the canyon! A very chilly 36 degrees up there is what greeted me when I climbed out of the car with my camera. From the parking area I hiked about half a mile up one of the trails and then turned around to head back down wondering if I had somehow left my brain in the nice warmth of my house. Due to a cold shake of my hands most of the pictures just will never be seen by anyone. It was a good morning though because of being able to see so much wildlife out and active in the canyon. No pictures of that though because that was while I was making the drive back down. I know our temperatures are not as cold as a good share of my readers area's, but we are super cold and already missing the warmth that is usually associated with Arizona.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend, and that if you are out and about trying to get ready for Thanksgiving stay warm.

No comments: