Monday, September 22, 2008

Random Monday Morning


100b9251, originally uploaded by torri_g.

Last week when I headed up into Huachuca canyon I was happy to see the mass gathering again of the California Sister butterflies near the stream. They were not as easy to shot pictures of this time though because of the stream, and the fact that I didn't bother to wear my hiking boots. Really not a good idea to try rock jumping across wet rocks in a a running stream while wearing tennis shoe with no grip. After almost losing my balance twice I quit so as to not lose the camera to a watery grave, and went to using as much zoom as the camera would give me and waiting for them to land closer to me. Would have been a great day to have my telephoto lens with me, but my plan for the day was to be able to get as close up and possible.

I hope that the week gets off to a great start for everyone.

No comments: