Friday, October 10, 2008

How to properly rest your paws


Paws, originally uploaded by torri_g.

Another close up picture of Eclipse this week. She is showing how to properly rest your paws with the help of Army Guy in the background. What you need to do is if you are feline, is climb up on your humans lap and take the sphinx position. Humans find your favorite recliner and let the resting begin.

Eclipse has been doing a lot of resting this week. She gave all of us one heck of a horrible scare this past weekend, and most of this week I feel as if I have been holding my breath for the worst. Eclipse is always the hunter of food that she shouldn't eat, and last weekend she managed to find probably one of her most loved should not eat foods...candy bars! I can honestly say that finding one of your animals laying in a pool of their own blood will stop your heart in mid beat. I can also say that having a hysterical Binky Sue screaming about her cat is not something that I really want to live through again soon. Now let me just point out that Eclipse is doing okay...she has been one very pampered kitty this week, and has had to be isolated in Binky Sue's room. After eating candy it passed through her tiny kitty system, the damage that caused the bleeding was from passing it out of her system. The good news is no surgery needed for a blockage, the bad news is that poor little miss kitty kitty has to heal from a tear. Eclipse is probably thinking by this point in time that her human Mom is out of her mind with all of the checking on her during the day, and checking of the liter box, oh and the checking of little kitty behind. I know she would love to be out and about doing her usual things, but vet recommended keeping her away from any other animals that might feel the need to help clean her.
I found myself having to have a conversation with Binky Sue last weekend about the what if's, and the fact that she at that point in time was going to have to prepare for the chance of losing little miss Eclipse.

The painful reminder was that we open our hearts to these wonderful animals and they don't life spans that match our own, which will lead to a painful heartbreak when their time here is done. Now yes, Eclipse is doing fine like I said...probably in the next week she will be able to rejoin the rest of the mini zoo here in a normal daily routine. Lessons learned from this are;
1. Keep the freaking candy hidden and personally hand it out so that no one leaves anything laying around.
2. When Eclipse is doing her wander through the house watch her like a freaking hawk!
3. Buy myself some kind of hand and arm protection for the possibility of having to wash a cat so quickly.
4. That no matter the amount of blood, it spreads and will make the house look like a murder scene.
5. In my house after such a stressful thing happens, there will be tons of really horrible bad jokes made as the situation starts to calm. (I'm talking really horrible jokes!!)

I know that this has been a very long post for Feline and Furball Friday, but it has been a very long emotional week. Even more emotional was to read about the loss of one of the Feline Friday kitties who lost his battle with cancer. I'm going to link over to Ellipsis and would like for everyone to head over there and read about the wonderful kitty Elvis, and leave comments of support to his very sad Mom. Later in the day I will also link over to Steve and Pickle for the Feline and Furball Friday.

I hope that everyone has a good weekend, I think we may all need one this week.


Carly's Tribute to Elvis

No comments: