Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summer Vacation Forecast


Oh the fun of it being summer vacation time is in full swing here. As of tomorrow the girls have been done for one week, and already I have a forecast for this summer. Fair to partly crabby, with occasional out bursts of ripping each other's heads off. Every year we have the "settle in" to new routine with each other that happens, but wow this year is a loud "settle in" period. I have broken up more fights in the last week than I did for the entire school year! I'm sure that it is all going to level back out and there will be peace in this house again, but when is the biggest question that I have right now. There is one person in this house that I feel most sorry for though...Daddy. Watching him trying to get though the long holiday weekend and being the only male in this house...that is one strong dude there. Just the fact that he could survive that he couldn't even get into our own bathroom because of girls that have taken it over is amazing!

The good news is now that the long weekend has passed, and we are near to the first full week being done, things should start to settle down and get into summer routine. I'm trying to come up with some small/cheap things for us to do during the week for the summer break. Little bug has her next appointment in Tucson with Dr. OCD next Monday, so we are going to make a whole day of it up there. I'm thinking a trip to one of the malls to do some looking for good deals on clothes. Yes, I'm already thinking about starting back to school shopping here. I have three girls that need to be shopped for, and there is no way that I'm waiting till mid July to get it done when they go back the 5th of August. Heck Sweetpea's art supplies alone can break the bank! I know there are a couple of movies coming out that I was thinking about taking them to see, and we are hoping to see some base pool hours here soon. There is also the issue of getting Binky Sue's senior portraits done. I'm giving myself the month of June to see if I can get them myself, or it will be the hunt to find out who is the best of the three here in town. One of those three we already know there is no way we are going to.

Well, my time of sitting here being lazy is just about over. There are dogs in the house that expect the routine of school year to continue regardless of whether there is school or not. I hope that everyone had a great holiday weekend and that this week is a good one for all.

No comments: