Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Finding things out and about

My search for desert blooms didn't go so great today. I was hoping to find the prickly pear cactus blooms but no such luck today. I know that we are in the right time of year for them, and I also know that there are some that have already bloomed. I just would have to walk up in the front yard of someone else's house and stand there to take up close pictures of them...I think I will just keep on the search for some in more public areas so that I don't have to try and explain why I'm standing just so many feet away from a bedroom window of someone's house.
Getting pictures of the deer took me a little bit. I had to drive down to the opposite end of the look out area and then slowly make my way back down to where they were eating. Worth the time spent moving slowly though since I ended up getting within maybe 40 feet of them to take pictures without them running off. Their coats looked pretty rough, but then again a lot of the deer in the area usually have pretty rough looking coats. These were fatter and healthier looking than a lot that I have seen in the last couple of years, so maybe because of the monsoon last year they have had better feeding areas.
The only blooms I could find today were weeds. I couldn't even get a bee flying around this one to add to the picture. Like I said, I'm just going to have to keep the search going.

Anyway, I hope that everyone had a great Wednesday, and that tomorrow is another terrific day.

No comments: