Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thinking Thursday...A journey to stop smoking


IMG_6776-1, originally uploaded by torri_g.

Well it has been a week and it is time to open the new package of medicine. Kind of difficult to believe that this is going to be the start of the third week here today. Now I would love to say that with the quit date Friday that I set those cigarettes aside and haven't looked at them since, but that would be a lie. I can more honestly say that Friday I smoked 4, and Saturday I smoked 5 but something happened Sunday I didn't smoke any. To bad come Monday I smoked 5 again, because it would be great to say that I have been cigarette free for four full days. After Monday though I felt a real determination to get another day of zero smoked and did just that Tuesday oh and did it again Wednesday. So right now this morning my thoughts are about having another goal day of zero. It is not an easy thing do and I really have to pay attention to what I'm doing during the day. There are so many things that I associate with "time to have a cigarette" that I have relearn, but in the last two days I've gotten a great start on. To be honest my brain would love nothing more than if I would go out to the pack that is sitting with 6 in it and smoke one right now, but I'm going to make myself sit here with my cup of coffee instead. (don't even think that I'm ever going to give up coffee)
I know I said last week that I wanted to post a weekly reason why I want to stop smoking, but to tell the truth I still really only have one reason as to why and that is because I want to. My goal for next Thursday is to be able to come here and say that those 6 cigarettes are still sitting in that pack and that I'm 10 days smoke free. The reality of that goal is that I will take it one day at a time and no matter what the counts look like I'm not giving up.

I hope that everyone has a great Thursday!

No comments: