Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tired of pictures yet?

So, is everyone tired of reading about the Grand Canyon yet? Well then lucky for you this will be the last batch of pictures and last time I write about that part of the trip! I will move on to my next set of favorite rocks to post about. These pictures today are just the more personal one's. The first one was shot at Grand View Point, where the wind was blowing like crazy and chilling all of us. The temperatures up in the area had not climbed back up from the storm that had come through earlier in the week here in Arizona. I found it pretty cool to see the area with snow on the ground. We all could have lived without the strong winds though.
Lunch at the Shrine of the Ages, and Littlebug just having to stand in the piles of snow that were still laying on the ground. Even better were the huge piles of mud that we had to get around or through to get into the picnic area. It was a very pretty and quiet area though so perfect for our lunch break.
Another of my favorite picture of Daddy and his Sweetpea. I'm still trying to figure out how she didn't freeze sitting on the stone wall with the winds blowing so very much at the Grand View Point. I know that she had a strong hold on her sketch book the whole time she was sitting there. I also learned that my Mom will still call me by my whole name when I scare her to much here. There are areas that you can get a little further out past that stone wall, and being the daredevil that I am when it comes to taking pictures, I went around it to get some other shots. I got to hear from behind me my whole named called out and was told to get back on solid ground! To which in true child form I looked back over my shoulder and told Mom that I was fine and she shouldn't worry. I also found out that even at 38 years old, when you do finally get back on solid ground, my Mom will still smack me for not listening to her and lecture me about not doing things like that.

Finally part of the whole group at one of the Desert View Drive lookout areas having tons of fun just being wild really. I think it was here that they started talking about wanting to spit over the edge and how many bounces do you think it would take to get to the bottom of the canyon.

Okay, I'm now done posting about the Grand Canyon and all it's rocky glory! Anyone who has read my blogs long enough knows that I just cant pass up on pictures of rocks, so of course there are more to be posted but from a different area! I hope that this week is going well for everyone and if you like rocks just come back tomorrow. Everyone take care, and keep family that is on the road traveling back to their homes in prayers.

No comments: