Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sixteen years and seven days ago

Daddy's girl from the start
Daddy's girl still


March 20th was Sweetpea's 16th birthday. Since we were up at the Grand Canyon for her birthday, my 16 years ago post had to be delayed. The theme for her became very clear to me while we were at the canyon that day though. She is still just as much a daddies girl as she was when she was tiny little baby. Of all of the pictures that I took that day, the one's of the two of them sitting while she sketched are my favorites. I knew just what pictures I wanted to look for in the cases and scan to post for this entry.

Her morning started off with all of us bouncing on the bed in the suite around her singing a very loud early morning version of happy birthday, then a dog pile on the birthday girl, and finally a pillow fight! Then it was get dressed, off for breakfast, and then the drive to the canyon. With lots of people there we took extra time to find just the right area's for Sweetpea to be able to sit and sketch. I know that I have posted bits and pieces of information about the trip so I will just end with one more time saying Happy Birthday to my Sweetpea for her Sweet 16!!

Very first picture, first day home
We knew early on that art was a favorite
First Birthday
Kisses from Daddy
Who is lecturing who in this one?
Love those french fries!!

No comments: