Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Morning Ramble

I'm sure that my last couple of days worth of entries have been pretty scatter brained to try and read. I seem to be having a heck of a time trying to get back into the swing of things here, so just give a little bit of time and I'm sure that I will get back to my normal level of "makes no sense" posting.

I'm trying to figure out just what I'm going to do with the pictures that I took on the vacation. The question running through my mind is "How do I want to post them for anyone who might want to see?" The next thought is do I have enough patience to get it done right now? I'm thinking the answer to that is no right now, so maybe I will just try to do single picture entries for the next couple of days, then get a more complete one done for anyone who might want to see more pictures.

Anyway, the above picture is of the Grand Canyon Railway that runs out of Williams Arizona. Williams is a very small little town that sits on historic route 66. It is very much a tourist area, but costs a little less then staying right up in the Grand Canyon. It was a very cute little place to explore and the kids loved being on the old 66. They kept talking about having the feeling to watch the Disney movie Cars. They also enjoyed asking questions about it and learning about its heyday before the the interstate bypassed the town in 1984. By the way it was the last town in America that sat along route 66 to be bypassed. The town was founded in 1880 by "Old Bill Williams" who was a trapper, scout, mountain man.

There is the small history lesson for the day. Who knew I had it in me? Anyway, I hope that the week gets off to a good start for everyone. I will be back with more pictures, and who knows maybe even some more history lessons. Everyone take care!

No comments: