Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Blogging from the road

I'm not going to have any pictures to post for a couple of days because I'm not real sure just how Sweetpea would feel about me downloading them onto her new laptop. We are on vacation and made it into the little town of Williams AZ. this afternoon. The drive was very beautiful as we came through the mountains and could see the snow that had fallen over the weekend. My Mom and Step Dad are staying just outside of town in the KOA and they are very happy with just how beautiful it is out there. After making sure they were settled in out there we heading into the town to find our hotel, and oh man...there were some very happy squeals of joy once Daddy got the door open to the suite. Two very large rooms, three queen size beds, jacuzzi tub!! Oh I'm thinking I might not be making a trip out of this room till time to leave here on Friday! Well...okay so that isn't true but man it is an awesome thought right now.

We got our stuff brought into the rooms and took a quick lap around the hotel to see just what all is here and where it is at...and then it was off to pick up some dinner since I had a real DUH thing happen while packing this morning. I totally forgot to pack the meat for the meal that we were going to have tonight. So I guess those smoked briskets will just have to wait in the freezer for us to get home again and have them then. The really good thing to come out of it was right away finding lots of other little things in town that I want to make sure and either get pictures of or check out before we leave here. The girls were all happy to see that we were on Route 66 going through the downtown area, and suddenly we all had the thought that we should have brought our copy of Disneys "Cars" to watch. We all think that the downtown area here looks just like the one in the movie. I just hope that when Speed McQueen goes tearing up the main drag that we are far enough away and will hopefully be safe.

I think that is about it for this entry. Tomorrow is Sweetpea's Sweet 16!! Grand Canyon here we come!! I will do an entry for Sweetpea with pictures about 16 years ago today thing when we get back home. Paige thought is would be a pretty cool idea to blog about our trip so that may be what you see here for the next couple of days. I hope that everyone is having a great week. Happy Birthday Opa!! Oh and I will blog more tomorrow night and probably have Paige help me with one...let you know just what the birthday girl thinks about being here.

Everyone stay warm, safe and just enjoy tomorrow.

No comments: