Thursday, November 26, 2009

Plucky Happy Thanksgiving


Plucky Happy Thanksgiving, originally uploaded by torri_g.

No guest poster for tonight. I know I'm late in the day for posting this but I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Since it is my favorite holiday I have to of course share the now traditional naming of the turkey and my own list of what I'm thankful for.
I think everyone knows about the girls tradition of naming the turkey and this year it was Binky Sues turn to name the bird. Mr. Gibbles was discussed but last year it was Gibby so that name didn't last long. Chip was tossed out there and kicked around for about 30 seconds, but then the name came to her...Plucky! So last night as Plucky was pulled out of the fridge to be checked he got his name. For something that used to bother me I think now the thought of cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving without a name would just be wrong. Plucky wasn't very lucky and probably isn't going to last all that long in this house, but he was very tasty! I am getting to the point tonight though that if I hear the "Bird is the Word" song one more time I very well may scream.
Binky Sue and Little Bug felt that art work was needed to honor poor Plucky. If you cant guess today was a day filled with silliness, laughter and all those great things that make this my favorite holiday.

Which now moves me into my list of what I'm thankful for this year. I'm thankful always for my silly girls who make me laugh till my sides hurt. I'm thankful for my Retired Army Guy, the 20 years that we have spent together, the laughter and even the tears that we have shared, and all of the silly holiday memories that we have created over the years. I'm thankful for the health of my family. I'm thankful for prayers that have been answered in the course of the past year. I'm thankful for family, and for friends who are there when I need them. I'm thankful for being found by friends this past year that I thought I would never hear from again and the pleasant journey of catching up that has gone on. The list of things could go on longer but I'm pretty tired and think it is time to just call it a day here.

Once again I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving and that it was a day filled with lots of laughter and silliness.

No comments: