Sunday, February 6, 2011

Keeping Busy


IMG_1011, originally uploaded by torri_g.

What has been keeping me from posting on a regular basis? All things house related of course. Painting, planting, planning, all thoughts are currently tuned to a just about the house process. Last weekend while waiting for the call that Mina was out of surgery and ready to be picked up, I removed the 5 foot mirror that took up the entire wall of the half bath off of the family room and painted it. (You can see the mirror in the reflection of the new smaller mirror that is now in there.) After finishing that project it hit me that I only have one large area left to paint! The living room and dinning room are going to be the last rooms to get their new color added to the walls. Don't think that all of the painting will be done then though...oh heaven's no. There is an issue of the ceiling needs painted. It seems and looks as if they used several different kinds of white for the ceilings in here and that is something that I plan of fixing. There is also an issue of very large not needed or wanted mirrors in the other bathrooms that need to come down and get the walls behind painted before new mirrors go up. So I guess when I add all of that I'm not really as close to being done painting as I first thought.

Ever so slowly though I am getting to the point of starting on other things of my list of "Changes I want to make" to the house. The list is really pretty long, but keeping with the set so much aside each pay day for budget is working out very nicely. Also trying to alternate between work inside the house and landscaping outside. Our first fruit tress have been planted and the area has been planned out for planting more in the coming weeks. The apple trees right now just look so very small and lonely. I have been mentally drawing plans for flower beds in the front of the house, and wondering if Trinity doggy would leave some alone in the back yard area. Probably not since she has a real love of digging and chewing on things.

Anyway, these are the things that are keeping me busy right now and away from posting. Plus then add on just being Mom and having to transport kids from here to there. I will continue from time to time though to put something up here to share. I hope that everyone has a great Sunday.

No comments: